The (M)edible Experience
“Medible” is the term given to a food item that has cannabis in it – meaning it’s a food that has been infused with a cannabis extract, isolate, distillate or whole plant. Unlike the brownies of yesterday, today’s medibles have undergone strict laboratory testing for potency, residual solvents and pesticides. In Oregon all food products must be made in a licensed OLCC kitchen. All products require labeling that provides the consumer with information about the product including laboratory results, and ingredients.
One of the most important steps you must take before eating an edible is reading all the potency information on the label so you know how strong the product is, and what’s in it. Each product has the amount of THC shown in milligrams (mg) and corresponding serving sizes. Most of the time you will also see the amount of CBD found in the product as well. As a general rule, you should always start “Low and Slow” so you know how the product affects you.
Every person has an endocannabinoid system that is directly affected by cannabis and everybody’s endocannabinoid system is different. Each person requires different amounts and combinations of cannabinoids and terpenes. The recommended starting adult dose for THC is 2-5 mg during an 8-hour period. THC does have side effects (fast heart rate, temporary elevated BP, sudden drops in BP, Anxiety, paranoia) so we recommend go take it easy.
Medibles provide a very discreet way to medicate. The options available are endless and you can pretty can much infuse anything you can imagine. You can purchase our dry flower and concentrates and infuse your own food at home or you get something amazing that is ready to go. At Cannabend, we offer a large selection of edibles including baked goods, caramel corn, ice cream, muddy buddie’s candies and beverages from sparkling tonics and ginger beer to coffee and lemonades. Our selection and variety are quite large so we invite you to come in and explore.
Here are a few more tips to keep when eating medibles:
1. It is extremely important to remember to never operate a vehicle or machinery while under the influence.
2. Stay hydrated. Dihydrogen monoxide is just as important as Tetrahydrocannabinol!
3. Be disciplined and don’t eat more than what you are supposed to. People have different metabolisms so the timing on this stuff can vary greatly. When THC is ingested the body changes the THC compound to another compound known as 11-Hydroxy-THC. Be prepared with extra healthy food around the house in case you cannot fight your cravings. Put away the medibles and munch on organic healthy food.
4. Start slow!!! 2- 5mg THC is a safe place to start.
5. Relax. Surround yourself with positive people or be alone but be positive. It should be a great experience and never rush! Take it slow. It is a slow process but very worth it!
Please note that these are just suggestions. Please consume responsibly!